Do you ever wake up in the mornings and think you just can’t face getting out of bed, that there is nothing much to look forward to and life it just too difficult? Even the most positive people have days when nothing feels like it is going to work and no matter how hard you try, everything is destined to end badly. Believe me, I have been there.. and felt like that!
What can you do with yourself on those days? Is there anything you can say to yourself that will make a difference? Yes, there is! What we say to ourselves inside our heads has the power to become what we believe. So, if we start saying positive things to ourselves each morning, they will become integrated into our psyche and part of our belief system! Simple!
Some will call these ‘positive affirmations’ or ‘mantras’ but whatever you choose to label them, I promise you they work, if you repeat them often enough,
Yes, some are designed to make you smile, some are a bit more serious, but actually it’s all about which ones appeal to you and giving you a positive attitude first thing…which then carries through the rest of the day.
Dependent on how much time you have, choose a few of these every morning and repeat them to yourself throughout the day. And if you have any different ones that work for you, please let me know in the comments!❤️
- I can accomplish anything I put my mind to.
- I will make the best of every situation.
- I will accept compliments with good grace and not brush them aside.
- I will avoid negative people at all costs.
- I will do the best I can with what I have available to me, and I will NOT put myself down to myself or anyone else.
- I will dress well, and make an effort with my appearance EVERY day.
- I will be kind and compassionate to all those I meet today and because of that, they will remember me.
- I will smile lots today.
- I will think about everything that I have to be thankful for, and consider myself lucky.
- I will not give up on my dreams, even if I feel like I want to sometimes.
- I will not regret anything that I have done in the past as that is a waste of my time and energy.
- I will accept what I cannot change or do anything about.
- I will be open minded and not judge anyone.
- I will accept constructive criticism and resolve to learn from it.
- I will listen to others advice, but I will do what I know is best for me.
- It is OK to look after myself first.
- I will try and live in the moment, not worry about the future.
- I can start again at any time.
- What others think of me does not define me.
- I don’t owe anyone anything.
- I deserve the best.
- I will work hard to get where I want to be and I may change direction at any point to suit my needs.
- I deserve a treat every day.
- I only need to take it one step at a time.
- My interaction with someone today, can potentially make, or break their day. I will always choose to make someone’s day.
- I will not focus on what could go wrong.
- I will concentrate on loving myself, rather than loving the idea of other people loving me.
- I will not be envious of what others have or do, I have plenty to be grateful for.
- I won’t get too focused on money, there is more to life than how much I earn or have in the bank.
- If anything discouraging or upsetting happens today, I will take a deep breath, consider it a while (as long as I need) and then respond appropriately.
- I can choose to be happy. Today, tomorrow and always.
- I can change anything in my life that I don’t like.
- I’m open to learning new things about myself.
- I will stay calm and strive to speak in a low controlled voice, even when I am upset or angry.
- I will try not to mind if not everyone likes me. I can’t please everyone.
- Whatever has gone before, this is a new day with new opportunities.
- I will try not to worry about the little things. I will try and put them in perspective. Will I be worrying about them in one month? Two? Next year?
- I will not compare myself to people I know absolutely nothing about, and remind myself that everyone is coping with their own internal struggles.
- I am excited about my future.
- I won’t wait til tomorrow to claim my happiness. The day to feel happy is today!
- If I have not succeeded at something I will give it another go…. and then another one.
- When people annoy me I will not overreact. For example did I have a bad day… or was it merely a bad 10 minutes?
- Note to self – I’m going to make you proud today.
- If anything goes wrong during my day, I will shout “plot twist!!” and move on.
- I will call a meeting of the negative committee that meets in my head – and fire them.
- I will remember that one of life’s insurmountable truths is, it REALLY is never too late.
- I will accept that feelings and emotions are just visiting thoughts. They do not change my reality. I will let them come… and go.
- I will never let anyone waste my time and I won’t waste anyone else’s.
- I won’t let fear stop me moving forward.
- I will not ruin a good day today by thinking about a bad day yesterday – I will let it go. ❤️