Advice is a funny thing isn’t it. Sometimes very welcome, sometimes completely unwanted, sometimes well meaning, other times downright harmful. Hopefully not these pieces of advice though! These little gems I have collected along the way for the last 55 years. Have a read and let me know what you think! And, if you have your own favourite pieces of advice, please leave them in the comments. 🤩
- Spend more time listening than you do speaking.
- Never ever make a decision when you are angry.
- Walk away from people who are negative, no matter who they are.
- Believe in yourself – you can do anything and be anyone you want to be.
- Don’t waste time complaining- if you don’t like something – change it.
- Exercise at least three times a week. It’s never a waste of time and will be good for your heart and soul.
- Do not live for tomorrow. Enjoy and make the best of now.
- When people you care about are in trouble, the best thing you can do is just be with them. Do not judge or try and fix the situation, just listen.
- Take responsibility for your decisions – especially the bad ones.
- Try not to worry about the things that stress you out daily. Are you likely to be still worried about this in a week, month or a year?
- Just keep going.
- Play your favourite music at least once a day and sing or dance with abandon.
- Love wholeheartedly. Give your everything to your partner. There is no time for half measures.
- If you find yourself in an unhappy relationship, leave. You will be much better off on your own.
- Stay focused on your career whatever it is, but don’t get caught up in thinking that big money means big happiness.
- Do not ever be tempted by false nails. Whatever anyone says, they ruin your natural nails.
- Remember to be grateful every day for all you have.
- Find a hobby that excites you and throw yourself into it.
- Learn to like yourself. In the end, never matter how happy your love life, there is only you.
- Save money if you want, but don’t stint on buying memories. That’s a false economy.
- Do what is right. Not what is easy.
- Take up yoga today. You will never regret it.
- Give money to charities you believe in.
- Be kind. To everyone.
- When you have made a mistake, apologise unreservedly.
- Make an effort to learn another language.
- Look after your eyes.
- Don’t dismiss another’s beliefs just because they are not your own.
- Trust your instincts.
- Further your education whenever you can.
- Give a home to a rescue animal. You will never regret it.
- Time spent on a beach is never wasted, being near the sea will rejuvenate your spirit.
- Visit your dentist regularly.
- Don’t waste your time trying to make everyone like you. No matter who you are, what you say or do, and what you look like, some people will always dislike you.
- Don’t become over involved in social media. It’s not a true reflection of life, yours or anyone else’s.
- Don’t judge people. You don’t know what has brought them to the place they are in today.
- Ignore anyone who says that wine is bad for you.
- Don’t be afraid to be alone.
- Cut down on red meat.
- Do something that scares you every so often.
- Don’t save your best clothes for occasional events- wear them everyday.
- Don’t be afraid to take a stand when you believe in something.
- Spend time with people who make you laugh. There is nothing better.
- Don’t get into debt. It will take longer to pay back than you would think.
- Try not to take things personally – no one is thinking about you as much as you are.
- Only let people who are going to make your life better into your circle.
- Whatever you choose to be, be a good one.
- Re-invent yourself every few years.
- Don’t gossip.
- Don’t waste time on regret.
- Happiness is a choice you can make every single day, and everything else is just perspective.
- Be mindful of the environment in your every day choices .
- Take 5 minutes every day to ground yourself and breathe.
- Believe the best is yet to come.
- Remember – It’s NEVER too late. 🤩
That’s lots of good advice!
Thank you Jane!
#21 “Do what is right. Not what is easy.”this one’s been speaking to me lately. I second the doing something that scares you every so often. Getting outside one’s comfort zone has helped me grow in my life. I would also recommend that one!
Thank you very much for reading. Yes these are not always easy the options… and agree about doing something that scares you….the times I have done that have been among my most proud!
My pleasure! Absolutely!
What a great list! And you saved the best for last. 😉
Yes, i think that was my favourite! Thanks for reading!
Oh there are a lot of great ones there!! I would add (unless I missed it above) -> Focus on what you have, not on what you don’t have 😊 (Ok, # 17 basically says that) And I have been doing #18 a lot this past year! …and walking!
Yes that’s a great one – so true! Thank you!
So profound. Thank you 😊
Thank you for reading!
What an amazing list. I like the on e that says, “Do something that scares you every so often”. I’ll be 63 in a couple of weeks and still stretch myself in this matter! 😀
Thanks so much for reading and I’m glad you liked it 😊
Some of the best advices i have read… Thank you for writing this one!😄✨
Thank you so much! I’m so glad you liked it and found it helpful!
Lots of great advice and reminders of lots of great advice! Thanks for this,
Thank you very much!